Applications for substitute teachers are now being accepted for the 2016-2017 school year.
Section 1 - Returning Substitutes
Beginning Wednesday, July 6, 2016, returning substitutes must complete “ALL” renewal requirements. On Thursday, June 30, an email will be sent to substitutes who remained in good standing at the end of the 2015-2016 school year. Follow instructions as outlined within the email which includes:
Please read and complete the following information:
- Board of Education Policies:
Discrimination, Harassment, and Bullying
Discrimination, Harassment and Bullying Complaint Procedure
Harassment Complaint Form
Drug-Free and Alcohol-Free Workplace
Technology Responsible Use
Section 2- Requirements and Hiring Process for New Substitutes
Application does not guarantee employment with the Rowan-Salisbury School System
- All Substitutes must have a high school diploma or GED.
- Apply on-line at http://www.rss.k12.nc.us> DEPARTMENTS>HUMAN RESOURCES HOME>HOW TO APPLY
- RECEIVE APPROVAL FROM HUMAN RESOURCES (Upon approval, applicants will be notified by phone and/or email of further requirements. Ex. High School Diploma documentation, Transcripts, Health & Drug Screening (RSS forms), TB Test and Background authorization.
- Complete an approved Substitute Training Course and/or orientation. (This course is being provided by RSS at no cost to applicant.)