Welcome to Faith Elementary School! We are located in the southeastern area of Rowan County and are well known for our weeklong Fourth of July celebration! President George Bush visited us and took part in many of the festivities on that day!
Our school of approximately 480 students began as a small two-room wooden building in 1899. This small school was located in the center of town. This was soon replaced in 1905 with a three-room school building that housed grades one through seven. By 1927, plans were made to construct a more permanent brick building. By December 1929, Mr. J. R. Jones and his staff of six teachers officially opened the school. In 1936, the school's first cafeteria was opened. In 1955 a second building was added due to increased enrollment. This building consisted of six classrooms for primary grades. Twenty years later, the school's dome-shaped cafeteria was constructed as was the kindergarten and first grade building. The last permanent construction allowed for students to have a separate gymnasium for the first time in the school's history. In recent years, the addition of four mobile units has allowed a temporary solution to the areas growing population.
Vision and Mission Statements:
~Vision: Learn for a Lifetime. Technology to Go!
~Mission: Focused on Educational Success.
~Beliefs: Each child is an individual. Every one can learn.
More About Our School
Students may enter the building at 8:10am. School Begins at 8:30am. Regular Dismissal time is 3:30pm.
Faith Elementary School: Home of the Firecrackers